Search Search


The Caltech Campus and JPL have a number of services available to foreign nationals whether they are students, faculty, staff or visitors. Various laws and regulations can impact foreign nationals including immigration, employment, export control and tax. The Education and Workforce Group advises Caltech campus and JPL administrative organizations on immigration and employment related laws and regulations as well as associated Institute policies. 

Resources available on foreign national issues include:

  • The International Offices at Caltech which consists of International Scholar Services (ISS), International Student Programs (ISP) and the International Office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The International Offices work together to support the international community at Caltech and JPL to enhance the academic, cultural, and social pursuits of students and scholars from abroad through knowledge and expertise in immigration, advising, and cross-cultural programming.
  • Contact the Payroll Department at Campus or Payroll Department at JPL for guidance on payments, including tax treatment to foreign nationals.

If you are a student, faculty, or staff member with a question about your personal immigration status, you should first contact the appropriate International Office.

If you have questions about payments to foreign nationals, you should first contact the Human Resources Payroll Department.   

Frequently Asked Questions

Attorney Contacts: